The Workshop in Industrial Mathematics (WIM2021) with the Reduced-Order Modeling, Simulation and Optimization of Coupled Systems theme focuses on various aspects of mathematical applications in the industry with an emphasis on “Reduced Order Methods” (R), “Optimization and Inverse Problems” (O) and “Coupled Systems” (C) addressing a variety of challenges arising in a broad array of industrial applications.
WIM2021 is divided into three main blocks, dedicated to O, C, and R class of problems with talks of invited experts in this field and further contributed talks.
The workshop, moreover, includes an industry-featured session, hosting speakers from the industry on mathematical aspects. It hopes to provide the participants an insight into the various facets of industrial mathematics.
The workshop is held from 20th to 22nd October 2021 in a hybrid format. Participants have the option to attend virtually or in person at STMicroelectronics, Catania, Italy. We recommend participation on-site for better interaction and face-to-face discussion, but only for fully vaccinated, tested, or recovered persons. More information can be found on the website.
- Prof. Peter Benner, Max Planck Institute for Dynamics of Complex Technical Systems, Magdeburg, Germany
- Prof. Jan S Hesthaven, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland
- Prof. Barbara Kaltenbacher, Universität Klagenfurt, Austria
- Jan ter Maten, Bergische Universität Wuppertal/ Technische Universiteit Eindhoven
- Prof. Wil Schilders, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands
- Prof. Claudia Totzeck, Bergische Universität Wuppertal, Germany
- (To be added)
- Marcus Bannenberg, Bergische Universität Wuppertal, Germany
- Giuliana Gangemi, STMicroelectronics, Catania, Italy
- Prof. Michael Günther, Bergische Universität Wuppertal, Germany
- Elisabeth Hager, JKU Linz, Austria
- Onkar Jadhav, Technische Universität Berlin, Germany
- Prof. Volker Mehrmann, Technische Universität Berlin, Germany
- Umberto Morelli, SISSA, Italy
- Prof. Gianluigi Rozza, SISSA, Italy
- Lena Scholz, Technische Universität Berlin, Germany
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.